The following note from the 6th grade is a reminder that learning is not merely academic. Each day provides opportunity to grow as team players and as individuals. Please read on . . .
Our goal was to purchase animals for people who live in poverty in Africa. We have purchased chickens, geese, ducks, honeybees and rabbits! We feel that this is important because many people in Africa have a lot less than we have. We also feel that doing this is important so that people in need can receive a reliable source of food.
Thank you, once again, for responding generously, so we could help others. We can change lives!
We're back to school on Monday. Here are some January reminders:
- Homework Club resumes for grades 5-8 @ 2:40-3:40 pm on M,T,Th.
- HOME game vs. Bristol, Monday 1/4/16: Girls play first at 3:45 pm. (This week's practices are scheduled on Tuesday & Thursday. Team/parents are reminded to check our web page calendar regularly for changes.)
- Away game vs. St. George, Wednesday 1/6/16. Girls play first @ 3:45 pm.
- Chess Club Thursdays 2:40-3:40 pm
- School Board Monday, 1/11/16 @ 6 pm
- NCS Geography Bee Wednesday, 1/13/16 @ 1:40 pm
- Busline Playoffs (basketball) begin with quarterfinals on 1/14/16; semifinals 1/16/16
- NO SCHOOL on Monday, 1/18/16 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
Students benefit from a fresh air recess break. Please make sure your child(ren) bring warm clothing to school so they can enjoy recess time comfortably. If they want to play in the snow, students must wear proper gear: snowpants, boots, etc.
Happy New Year!