Because of Friday's Thanksgiving Community Feast (grades K-4 have invited guests), next week's lunch menu has changes:
- Tuesday: Hot dogs with baked beans
- Wednesday: Macaroni & cheese, broccoli
- Thursday: Pizza day
- Friday: Thanksgiving Community Dinner! (See the recent post for details on the THANKSGIVING MEAL that our entire school takes part in.) If your child is in K-Gr 4, we want to hear from you! How many guests should we plan for? Here's the link for K-4 RSVP. K-4 THANKSGIVING INVITE/DETAILS/RSVP
- Occasionally, it's helpful to remind everyone that students and staff are expected to pay for meals up front. We don't let students go hungry, but we do have to keep an eye on balances. Families can check balances through their own schoolbucks account. You may receive a notice or a friendly email reminder if we think you are not aware of a growing balance. We appreciate your help in supporting our lunch program! Payments can be made online or through the office.
- Financial needs sometimes change during the school year. Please remember that any family is able to complete a free/reduced lunch (FRL) application at any time (and more than once) during the year. Applications are at the office; information on the application is strictly confidential.
- At this time of year, people tend to think more about giving. NCS will be collecting nonperishable items for the local ecumenical food pantry on Friday, Nov 16 at the Thanksgiving Feast. Peanut butter, pasta, soups, toilet paper, toothpaste are all good items for the cause.
Parent/Teacher conferences begin next week. Are you signed up? Here's the link to all the teachers if you would like to choose an available time. PARENT/TEACHER SIGNUP Conferences are on Tuesday, Nov. 13, Thursday, Nov 15 and/or Monday, Nov 19.
The NCS basketball preseason begins Nov. 13. See the school calendar. Trimester 1 will be here soon, too--Friday, Nov. 30.
MONDAY is a holiday-NO SCHOOL in observance of Veterans Day.