- All K - 8 students are invited to participate in summer learning experiences.
- There are several ways to do this. Read on!
- Also, there will be a celebration and NCS Book Bucks rewards for participants in summer learning opportunities listed below:
- ALL Kindergarten - 7th grade NCS students are invited to participate in our annual NCS Summer Reading Challenge. It’s easy! Students will set a summer reading goal with their teachers, and record their progress through the summer. When they return to school in September, they’ll turn in the record sheet to Ms. Harriman, our librarian. If they’ve met their goal, they win an invitation to a celebration and $10 in NCS Book Bucks at the book fair.
- A number of NCS students will be nominated by their teachers to join our NCS Online Learning Institute. Students will be able to use Aleks or IXL for math practice and/or Lexia for reading. They can practice anytime and anywhere as long as they have access to a digital device and the Internet. Parents and/or teachers can nominate students for online learning. NCS staff will be monitoring the nominated students’ progress all through the summer. As with the Summer Reading Challenge, students who participate regularly and make progress in online learning through the summer will get an invitation to a celebration and $10 in NCS Book Bucks at the book fair.
- Some NCS students will be nominated by their teachers to join our NCS Summer School. Summer school will be running again this year at NCS for students who are currently in grades 2 - 7. The sessions will take place here at school on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 8 am to 11 am from June 29th through July 22nd. Teachers will recommend students for summer school, and parents may also make a request by contacting their child’s teacher or the office.
Look for more information in the coming weeks.