We're back into the rhythm of school after the holiday break. We've packed a lot into the past two weeks--academics, basketball, after school activities, outdoor recess. Have you read the article about our junior high students' round table discussion with the LC News?
Looking ahead, here are some things to keep in mind for the rest of January:
- We have a long weekend ahead. There is no school on Monday and Tuesday, January 19th and 20th. Monday is a national holiday, Martin Luther King Day, and Tuesday is a teacher workshop day for AOS 93.
- Playoff season: Congratulations to Nobleboro girls after winning their first playoff game yesterday. The next playoff games are on Tuesday, January 20th. They are both home games. Girls play first @ 3:45 and the boys first playoff game is at 5pm. We hope you'll come out to support our teams! Go-go Lions!
- It seems most everyone here loves winter recess--when it's outdoors. Snowpants, boots, mittens, etc. are necessary gear to be able to play in the snow during recess and for K-5 that is much more fun than staying on the pavement. Please be sure that your child comes to school equipped for the cold and snow because most days K-5 students do go outdoors.
- Also, when we return next week, the Lincoln Academy Chorus will stop by NCS for a presentation. LA's chorus is inspiring; we are often pleasantly surprised and proud to see how many former NCS students stay involved in music at the high school level.
- NCS will hold its Geography Bee is on Wed, January 28th at 1:40 in the gym. Two representatives are chosen from each Grade 4-8 class to participate in the bee. This is the first step in the National Geographic Geography Bee held throughout schools in Maine and the rest of the country.
- Coming up in February: A grade 3 skating unit begins in PE; students participate in the MYIS survey (letters have been sent home), 100 Day, Performance Night and winter after school activities are on the schedule. See the parent calendar on our web page for more information.
Enjoy the long weekend with your family!