Monday, April 24 is the last Big Bros. Big Sisters meeting.
First NCS softball and baseball games of the season begin on Tuesday, April 25. The girls have a home game vs. Bristol on the NCS field at 3:45. The JVS/NCS baseball team will play Bristol at the Jefferson field at 3:45. Also, track participants will have a meet on Wednesday, April 26 in Wiscasset. GO LIONS!!!! (Fingers crossed for great weather!)
7th grade: Parent meeting with Kieve at 6 pm ,Thursday, April 27 in Mr. Williams' room.
Lifetouch spring portraits have arrived. Packages are available at the office. Please stop by if you are interested in viewing/purchasing a package. If that's inconvenient for you, there will be a table in the lobby on the night of the NCS spring arts festival--a/k/a Spring Concert--which is just another week away. What?!?!! Yes, you read that correctly . . . read on:
The NCS Spring Arts Festival is Thursday, May 4th at 6:15 pm. We hope you'll plan to attend our special spring music/arts event. Students should arrive and be in the classrooms at 6pm. Band and senior chorus meet in the music room at 6pm.
The spring book fair is also arriving May 1-May 5. The fair will be held mornings before school in the library. It will also be open on Thursday evening, May 4 before and after the concert and afternoons right after school. This is a popular event because it is the BUY ONE GET ONE FREE book event made possible by NPTO.
Other May highlights:
- Senior Buddies/Grade 3 visit the Maine State Museum, Friday, May 5
- 6th grade parent meeting Monday, May 8 at 5:30 in Mrs. Sabina's room. This meeting is in preparation for Hurricane Island Trip dates: 5/31-6/2
- 7th grade attends Kieve Leadership School the second week in May. Trip dates: 5/8-5/12
- The Gr 3-6 Bikes for Books reading event wraps up in May. Read lots of books and enter to win a new bike!
- Registration/screening for next year's kindergarten is Friday, May 19th. There is NO SCHOOL FOR MRS. STEWART's class on Friday, May 19th.
- No school for ALL students on Friday, May 26, a teacher workshop day before the long holiday weekend.
- This is a good opportunity to remind you of the NCS family calendar located on our school's website. Please check it regularly.
Get a good night's rest! We look forward to being back together again tomorrow. . .