The weather certainly has become a popular topic of conversation this week. It's a pleasure to blog about something other than school cancellation/delay business! Hopefully, the beauty of white snow and blue skies still outshines the inconvenience caused by storms in your mind. At NCS, we try to get right back to the business of school after a snow day or delay. Looking ahead . . .
- Grade 1 students meet with Lincoln Home residents on Tuesday for a special valentines get-together.
- The 100th day of school is approaching (It sometimes feels like it's a moving target). K-4 grade students will celebrate 100th day with activities related to math, reading and movement. Always an enjoyable time!
- Books for Bikes. Your 3-6 grade student will be able to tell you more about this program next week. It's a great time to unveil the program--before snowy weather and February vacation.
- February vacation is the following week, 2/20-2/24.
A few reminders:
- The bus circle should be clear of vehicles for buses when they are arriving and leaving (7:30-8:30 am and 2:00-3:00 pm). If we have a delay, please keep the revised arrival time in mind too. (It's very expensive to pass a school bus with lights/stop sign on--whether out on the road or in the circle--currently about $500 fine.)
- We appreciate your call/emails by 9 am when your child is out, late, or has a change in normal dismissal routine.
- Sometimes circumstances change during the school year, and if you think your family may be eligible for free or reduced lunch, it's okay to submit an application at any time during the school year. Contact the office if you have questions.
Keep warm this weekend!