- Thursday, Oct. 22 is an early release day. Dismissal is at noon.
- Thursday, Oct. 22 is also School Picture Day. A Lifetouch photographer will be here in the morning. Everyone's picture is taken. If you are interested in purchasing a package or would like to choose a particular background in case you purchase a package, be sure to send the Lifetouch form back in to school with your child Thursday morning. Packages should be handed in to your child's teacher. If you did not receive a form, please contact the office.
- Chess Club signups are happening this month. The club is open to students in Grades 3-8. A signup sheet is by Mr. Parcher's door. The first organizational meeting will be held Monday, November 2 in Mr. Parcher's classroom 2:40-3 pm. Make sure you have made transportation arrangements. Regular chess club meetings will be 2:40-3:40.
- Basketball season is upon us! Two open gym opportunities for students planning to be on the junior high basketball team are today, 10/19 and Wednesday, 10/21 from 2:40-4pm. Pre-season begins on Monday, 10/26. Watch our website for details/dates. Contact AD York for more information: email@example.com.
- Next week, Friday, October 30, is Pumpkin Day for students in Grades K-4. Seasonal, educational activities are planned for Pumpkin Day. (Please note: Students are not expected to bring costumes to school on Pumpkin Day.)
- Parents, have you signed up for a parent/teacher conference?
Monday, October 19, 2015
October days . . .
Here are a few things to keep in mind in the October days ahead: