- BUS PROTOCOL: Kindergarten-Grade 3 parents are reminded that an adult must meet the school bus. It is assumed that the adult will wait at the stop. At the least, the driver must be able to see you in your driveway or at the door before she is able to let your young child off the bus. |
- Appropriate gear for winter outdoor recess includes hat, mittens, snow pants, boots. Playing in snow and fresh air is a most enjoyable activity when students are warm and comfortable. Please remember to pack these items M-F.
And, looking ahead:
- The 8th grade class has rescheduled its trip to Lincoln Academy for Wednesday, February 11. They will leave NCS by 8:30 and return back to our school for lunch. The LA followup visit to in the 8th grade classroom will now happen Wednesday morning, February 25.
- Zoe and Dave from Kieve continue to offer fun and healthy after school activities for students in grades 1-3; grades 4-6 and 7 & 8th grade students. For more information and to sign up, please refer to our web page under the "Forms & Signup" tab.
- Thursday evening, February 12 is Performance Night for band and other students interested in sharing a talent. Students performing that evening have signed up ahead of time with Ms. Preston. The event is held in the Music Room and begins at 6:30 pm. (Performers should arrive at school shortly after 6 pm.)
- It's time to begin thinking about kindergarten 2015-2016. Registration and screening will be held later in the spring, but we are making plans now. If you have a child eligible to attend kindergarten in September, please contact us. If you know of a Nobleboro family with a child attending kindergarten next year, please pass the following information along to them:
Any child residing in Nobleboro who is 5 years old on or before October 15, 2015 is eligible to attend school in September. A simple way to let us know your family is thinking about beginning kindergarten is by going to our web page. There is a pre-registration form under the "forms and signups" tab.This form provides information so that we can contact you before registration/screening dates. Or, use this link: Pre-Registration Form
If you are looking for a fun (and social) family activity this weekend, keep in mind that our NPTO has arranged for a FREE NCS Family Night at the YMCA tonight, Friday, February 6, 5:30-8 pm. Pizza and a beverage will be served while supplies last. Students must be accompanied by an adult. We hope you'll be able to come.